Author Topic: Shaker Doll with Pics  (Read 5761 times)

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Shaker Doll with Pics
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 10:27:32 pm »
Armand Marseille produced the porcelain heads, wholesale dolls were often exported and sold unclothed, many dolls were clothed by mothers of children who purchased the dolls or companies who purchased the heads and made the bodies,  bodies of these dolls are so similar in style that it is almost impossible to identify their individual makers if they have no marks. Many heads were exported to the United States for George Borgfeldt's line of dolls. Most of the heads made from 1890 - 1920 are the socket type. George Borgfeldt & Company was located in New York (1881-1950's) and was an importer and assembler of dolls for the American and Canadian doll markets (in other words they did not manufacturer their own dolls).  They held the distributing rights to many dolls from European manufacturers such as: Buschow & Beck, Handwerck, Käthe Krause,  Kammer & Reinhardt, Kestner, Armand Marseille, and Steiff. Many trademarks were registered by the George Borgfeldt company,one is  Alma,  Some of these dolls may have in the marking the dolls name: Alma, Florodora, G.B., My Dearie, My Girl, My Playmate and Pansy.