Author Topic: Enamelware child's cups??  (Read 1251 times)

ThisNThat

• View Profile
Enamelware child's cups??
« on: August 28, 2010, 07:49:17 pm »
Hi everyone, I haven't had the time to pop in for awhile. My husband and I found some new antique shops today, and found some interesting things. We found these 2 enamelware cups, and my husband fell in love with them. We bought them for decor purposes, but we MAY sell them, but we're not sure. We're really bad about buying something to resell, and then end up keeping it!  ;D

The first cup says, "made in Germany" on the bottom, and is 2 1/2 in tall, and about 3 in across. It has quite a bit of chips, but we loved the colors and the design on it.

This one doesn't have any markings on the bottom. We got it because we've owned greyhounds, and are kind of attracted to Greyhound type decor. Although, after looking harder, it appears that it MAY be a Borzoi?? It's hard to tell, because the hair is longer than a Greyhounds, but shorter than a Borzoi..........any way, it's 2 1/2 in tall, and about 2 3/4 in across. Also has some chips, but in better shape than the other one.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the approx age of these? And, are they child's cups?? Also, about how much they're worth? My husband tried to find them on Ebay, and through Google, but didn't find much.

Thanks!

ThisNThat

• View Profile
Re: Enamelware child's cups??
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 04:15:03 pm »
Bumping........ ;)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Enamelware child's cups??
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 05:11:25 pm »
LOVE the one with the chick and the "elf?" or "gnome?" on it it! I bet there is a Germanic fairytale that goes with this one.
Antiqueaholic in recovery