Author Topic: Revoln Girl  (Read 1489 times)

foxeygma

• View Profile
Revoln Girl
« on: September 25, 2010, 09:04:46 pm »
My daughter bought this for me at a yard salel several years back,she paid $4 for it at the time .The lady who sold it stated it to be a R evlon Girl.I found some information but not a lot, she is one of maybe four made I believe to a set ??.It has a number on the bottom c  8499, paper sticker also partially ripped off whats left remaining says import Japan. As a child I rember seeing one of these just like this on my Mothers dresser.She is beautiful,has a little wear on the paint. 

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Revoln Girl
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 09:48:34 pm »
Looks alot like the NAPCO items that were also made into head vases!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 07:17:40 am »
Good call KC she is a Vintage Napcoware headvase # C8499 green dress and hair bow with faux pearl drop earrings and necklace , they also made them in navy blue & a pinkish red that I have found all with the c 8499 #, Prices have been around  $125.00   :o  will have to dig mine out I think I have 5 diffrent head vases.

foxeygma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 08:49:49 am »
WOW....so that was a good buy!!!!! :o Thanks Wendy 177,wait til  the  daughter hears this.I went ino Napco, and to my surprise have some where.. some of the items I saw.My sister who lives wayyyyyy down in the Southwest part of Mo,found one in an antique shop and had to call and tell me.I believe she said it was in blue will be contacting her . :o

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 10:44:33 am »
Headvases are a great collectible - timeless.  They were relatively "cheap" items that were sold with arrangements at florists and at the local dime stores.  Initially around .69¢ up to a few dollars....these have been great investments and family hand-me-downs!

We have quite a few passed down from grandmothers/moms.  We really like them.  interestingly enough Wendy, all of ours (but one) have dates on them as well.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 11:36:38 am »
Will have to check mine for dates  at some point  KC can u post photos of yours  If they are not packed away would love to see them!!