Author Topic: Calico Fruit Ceramic Juice Pitcher  (Read 1567 times)

wdtanner

• View Profile
Calico Fruit Ceramic Juice Pitcher
« on: October 22, 2010, 10:38:17 am »
I'm having a lot of fun learning about the silver pitcher, so I've got a few more that I want to post for you all to have a stab at.  Granted, these aren't going to be nearly as interesting as the pitcher - but it'll still be interesting to learn exactly what they are & what they might be worth...

This one is pretty straight forward I think.  It's a juice pitcher (I believe) and it's got a seal on the bottom that says "calico fruit" among other things.  The stamp is pretty hard for me to read, but I do see "universal potteries" in there.  From what I've found so far on the interweb - this piece should have a lid with it, but I wasn't given that part.  Also, there is a minor chip on the top.

So.  What's the story on these things & what could I expect to get for one - say on ebay - in its current state? 

Thanks!
d

Pics... 

mariok54

• View Profile
Re: Calico Fruit Ceramic Juice Pitcher
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:16:16 am »
Judging by the pics I'd say that Calico Fruit was the design, and if I saw that over here with the lid I'd probably say that it was a Deco style tea pot ...But maybe not as it was made in Ohio. But the style of the spout is very different to a pitcher that appears on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Cambridge-Vintage-Covered-Water-Pitcher-/200520737687?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eaff7a397&x=37&y=6

Value... With a chip and no lid? No idea at all, maybe someone else might... But you could do what Curious is planning for her jug and put kitchen utensils in it .. it would look pretty

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 06:23:16 pm »
 your piece is by universal china It should have a lid.  with lid  I have seen them from $50.00  - $119.00   no lid & chip  $1.00    
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:50:04 pm by wendy177 »

wdtanner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 03:16:19 pm »
ha. got it.  It is officially kitchen decor. :)