Author Topic: Vintage Candy Machine and a Vintage Velvet tobacco sign  (Read 1375 times)

barker2124

• View Profile
Vintage Candy Machine and a Vintage Velvet tobacco sign
« on: October 12, 2010, 02:45:01 pm »
Need help in deciding if the price on these items are resonable or should i change the prices on them one is an old candy machine and the other is a vintage velvet tobacco sign. both are at Junkables.com the candy machine is in the collectibles category and the velvet sign is in the advertising category.
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Leah Antiques and collectibles

waywardangler

Re: Vintage Candy Machine and a Vintage Velvet tobacco sign
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 02:59:11 pm »
Some concerns; any traffic on the site? maybe the right buyers are not finding your items; local pickup, no shipping - limits buyers to your local area so you may as well put these on craigslist.  I do not know where you are located but there may be no local desire to buy these items.  Your market may be in a different geographical area.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 03:07:39 pm »
I agree, Craigslist has lots more traffic. Do you also have them listed on CL? I think they are priced just right, I might lower the price on the machine to $100 but $125 is still a good deal. I have an inkling the sign would bring more than $65 on ebay, might be worth a shot. I know shipping is annoying to deal with but it would be worth it if the sign got a good amount. The machine would be harder to ship and may not be worth it.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 03:08:03 pm »
Ditto what wayward said.

I personally had never seen this site before....so there is always something new to see!

Recommend Craigslist as well.  Also....as much as some people get miffed with Ebay....it still works!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!