Author Topic: Japanese Solid silver Kyusu teapot  (Read 11597 times)

luxetveritas

• View Profile
Re: Japanese Solid silver Kyusu teapot
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 05:45:10 pm »
I have always made a promise to myself, that if I do find that one piece that is the real deal, when I do sell it I would give at least half of the profit back to the unaware seller. I have actually done this before when I made $3000 on a rare silver set that an old woman had to sell for surgery. I think that's what makes the greatest finds great- you get to see the happiness and amazement on the person's face when you tell them what their piece is and what it's really worth.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 08:08:40 pm »
Lux, we need more like you upon this world.  I'm not so sure I could make that promise, but for a needy situation I may offer closer to real value.  Wow is all I can say, makes me feel a bit greedy  :-\

luxetveritas

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 08:34:20 pm »
Don't feel greedy, Ironlord :P I have walked away with some good gains before, trust me- and some of them I feel sort of dirty about. Usually though, it is only elderly people that I take so much concern for. I am very attached to people over 70 for some reason :) Probably because my grandmother died early and she, to this day, was the biggest influence in my life. "Old" people have so many stories... it's really interesting to listen to them talk too.

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2010, 11:36:53 am »
A little update on this Kyusu :

After much research , aided by several friends in Japan , I've (they've , really) discovered that this item is actually a Choshi (Sake pot) , rather than a tea pot .

One Japanese collector believes that this item was from a 'high-end' location in the "Water Trade" industry (AKA the 'Floating World') .
Nothing solid to confirm this 'water trade' origin yet , though .
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 12:05:59 pm by regularjoe2 »