Author Topic: What is the Title of these kind of vases and or Bowls  (Read 1634 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
What is the Title of these kind of vases and or Bowls
« on: November 16, 2010, 11:49:35 pm »
     O.k. lets go for two post today, Now that the Teapot is sort of figured out.  Next item up is this what I would call Shell Vase, or Shell Bowl.  What I need is what these are called and for extra added bonus would love to know what they are really used for.  These are art folded in to kind of a shell shape.  Have seen many of these, haven't had to deal with one until now.  Started trying to look it up goggle image and etc. but can't seem to find what they are called.  Any ideals

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: What is the Title of these kind of vases and or Bowls
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 04:37:35 am »
Would it be considered 'Wavy Art' ??

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&biw=1229&bih=684&gbv=2&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=wavy+art+glass+bowl&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

And um.........definite ly decorative?? cause I sure wouldn't try to eat out of it or make an arrangement in one!!  :D

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 07:47:29 am »
I think of these as handkerchief bowls altho they usually have 4 square corners I believe.  At one time I had several and used them as candle holders.  Would a tea light fit well into the bottom?

Here's the search for Handkerchief Bowls...  Many don't have square corners: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&biw=1440&bih=707&gbv=2&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=handkerchief+bowls&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai= 

Sapphire may be closer than I am...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:50:39 am by Oceans64 »
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:20:08 am »
Guess I should of added the Dimensions.  It is 9 1/2" long, 7" Wide. 5" Tall and weighs 1.10 lbs.  would fit lots of tea candles  ;)

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 09:23:44 am »
LOL - Smarty!  I meant a tea candle in the protrusion in the bottom.  It looks like it is pushed out a bit so a tea light will sit down in it?
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 02:44:19 pm »
ironlord, is that a pedestal base I'm seeing?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 05:23:54 pm »
Ironlord, I really don't know the proper name for them either.  I have always just called them a free form or wave dish!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!