Author Topic: Teapot,Manning Bowmans Chrome???  (Read 1721 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Teapot,Manning Bowmans Chrome???
« on: November 16, 2010, 10:32:34 pm »
      Was just having a bit fun with a item today and thought I would give you a little fun too  :D     I have this Tea Pot made by Manning and Bowman appears to be chrome plated not Silverplate or even Britianna metal.  Which is all I knew they made.    I paid $3.00 for this item and bought it so I could get a good picture of that trademark of Manning and Bowman, usually you find the words esp. after they was 50% sold to international silver.  Anyway  there are several issues with this item.  One is the chrome plate, which is coming off the spout, next is the handle is for sure a marriage, or replacment rather.  The Finale on the pot is bakelite, while the handle looks more like plastic and Aluminum wire, then of course it is missing a Stand.   When I first bought it I thought it was a much older pieces after getting it home and really looking at it today, I seem to be confused.  Chrome, Bakelite, Manning Bowman  want to take a stab at the cir. Date?   So anyway back to looking around for me, just thought I would ask and see what you wonderful folks think.   

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Teapot,Manning Bowmans Chrome???
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 10:56:30 pm »
    Well after just a short search I sure found lots of Manning Bowman stuff chrome bakelite and well into the mid 1900's  the missing link seems to be Manning Bowman moved more into the Home Appliance market.   Not sure I have figured out the date yet, but sure is looking more and more 30's maybe even 40's.  Which also would explain why I have not seen this mark hardly, haven't been looking at the old small appliance stuff.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 06:30:06 pm »
Beautiful teapot! What are the handles on the sides for? You mentioned a stand, but I don't see how the double handles would work in one.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 06:33:26 pm »
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:20:01 am »
Yours is missing the stand.  The knobs are to sit on a stand and help tip/pour with one hand - thus you have a tipper pot.

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!