Author Topic: CROSS BROS TAPADEROS AND MATCHING SILVER PARADE BREAST COLLAR  (Read 1647 times)

agreeneyes

CROSS BROS TAPADEROS AND MATCHING SILVER PARADE BREAST COLLAR
« on: December 05, 2010, 04:16:09 pm »
Well here I am again asking the experts.  We acquired these two items from an auction. The conchos on the tapaderos appear to have been replaced  and the breast collar is missing one of the silver triangles in front.  The tapaderos say Cross Bros Maker Ogden Utah, but I’m unable to find a name on the breast collar but it does match the tapaderos  so I do believe the breast collar is also Cross Bros. I was able to do alittle research and found that Charles Cross was in business from 1880-1903.  The company is now called Cross Western, so I'm assuming these are old.  I don't know if there are any saddle experts out there, but if there are I would like to know if these are considered valuable and possibly an estimate on their value, thank you
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:39:35 pm by agreeneyes »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: CROSS BROS TAPADEROS AND MATCHING SILVER PARADE BREAST COLLAR
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 11:42:58 am »
There needs to be some type of markings to determine age.  This shows their store was still in operation until 2005!
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4537444

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:00:14 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

agreeneyes

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 08:14:30 pm »
thank you for your information.  Cross Bros is what is on my tapaderos, from what I've been able to find out the name was changed to Cross Western so I do believe my items are older, but I'm not an expert so that is why I've come to the experts

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 09:13:32 am »
Amazing.  For a store to claim to be the oldest store in continuous operation until it closed....there isn't anything on the information highway other than what we have already found!

The challenge.....
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

agreeneyes

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 09:36:03 pm »
thank you