Author Topic: Glass Urn... Thought it could be Blenko very doubtful...  (Read 2140 times)

Oceans64

• View Profile
Glass Urn... Thought it could be Blenko very doubtful...
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:04:51 pm »
I bought this at an auction this weekend b/c I thought it could be Blenko and it was only $5.  Well I don't think it's Benko anymore since I can't find the style and it's too "red" vrs ruby.  There was some other marked Pilgrim glass at the auction but after searching that don't think it's Pilgrim either.

Is there time frames for certain styles of glass?  A book perhaps that would be good for the library?  To me this looks Deco but I don't think it's that old but what do I know.  Lots of Urns on line - when were they were popular?  

Thanks - no need to spend time researching. I can do that - I'm just looking for direction on time frame and of course maker if you've seen before. It stands about 13" at its highest point. The only clear glass is on the handles and it's very translucent...

Pontil
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Glass Urn... Thought it could be Blenko very doubtful...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 02:18:03 pm »
The books I have your right, I don't think it's Blenko. It looks more Italian to me. The Blenko I see most look like decanters with a top that's pointed, or angular shape. The clear glass decoration is also a question. I haven't seen any pictures with that.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 02:28:43 pm »
Do you have a good general glass book that you would recommend? 
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 03:02:25 pm »
Hi Oceans color looks like a match to some Blenko Check this site Modcats.com under  Blenko #920M Ruby decanter - Item(#541) color looks like a match as far as style I know they did make some Urns in 1997 and produced a magazine with  a few Urns on the cover but I don't have that one. here's a photo of the mag cover.  I wouldn't count your piece out !!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:10:13 pm by wendy177 »

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 03:23:35 pm »
Wow, Wow, Wow that is beautiful Blenko on that site. :o
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 10:06:26 am »
I love Blenko...  I would have thought this was Blenko for sure!  Good thing they have the label  :)  So much to learn...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-Made-Crackle-Vase-Red-Yellow-Handle-/270655876387?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0458ed23

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 12:59:55 pm »
Just found this site.  Has several on-line Blenko catalogs.  It's not all of them but it may help if anyone else needs to research a piece.

http://www.blenkoarchive.org/blenko_catalogs.htm