Author Topic: I'm clueless to as what this is..  (Read 4767 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Re: I'm clueless to as what this is..
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 12:01:07 pm »
OK !!   I am from the south,, whats a krumkake ??

That's the German spelling for crumcake. ;D ;D

Like the German spelling of my name is Koger or Kogar.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 12:16:47 pm »
I am 100% of Norwegian ancestry and I have had these at Christmas for as long as I can remember. 

I had really good Norwegian friends years ago (actual immigrants). He,Torkjell, was my boss for several years. I really liked everything his wife Ann tried to feed me whenever I was at their home.

Except for one (1) thing, ........ extremely salty, slimy, pickled Herring. YUCK

And the way they were gulping them down I was sure they were going to taste delicious.

waywardangler

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 02:41:31 pm »
OMG, cogar!  Pickled herring is DELICIOUS!  Lutefisk is another story however... ::)  Lutefisk is cod preserved in lye, yes, lye. That gelatinous mass of fish is not edible but many pay good money to devour it at church dinners around here.

mart...Krumkake is a Norwegian waffle cookie made of flour, butter, eggs, sugar, and cream made on a krumkake iron and then rolled while still warm on a tapered cone.  They look like this...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:46:39 pm by waywardangler »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 03:22:43 pm »
I will have to look that recipe up. I could sure use it !!  In the south we have a crumbcake that is a coffee cake with a crumb topping. Haven`t made it in a long time though.  Thanks all for educating me on Norwegian food !!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 03:23:17 pm »
Yum...  I've never had one of those but can think of a lot of ways to enjoy one.  Half melted bowl of rocky road ice cream comes to mind using one of those waffles as my spoon!!  ;D
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 07:04:39 pm »
I make a cream cheese/cool whip combo that would be great in those cones !! Or dip the edges in chocolate let it cool and fill with chocolate cream.  I gotta shut up or go cook !!!