Author Topic: Vintage Photos black and white large/ anyone know what these are or are worth?  (Read 1414 times)

jabiloxi

• View Profile
I am curious about these photos I uncovered in a briefcase at an estate sale i attended recently.  I found a A.T. Allen Bowie SF knife in the same suitcase so was really curious what these photograhs might be from and what they are worth. 

They appear to be of a heavy stock and are large, perhaps larger than an 8x10 print.  They are in great condition, and look to be from the 60's.  Any Ideas??

waywardangler

No clue but they look more recent than the 60s to me...I would guess 70s.

mart

• View Profile
In looking at what they are wearing,, I would say the same.  60`s !  Second pic doesn`t say much about time, but I remember the guys I dated back then looked about the same. Last pic,, not a pair of track shoes anywhere. All leather, which sort of went out of style later except for suede slip ons. And the one on the right has a button down collar that actually is buttoned down. Any way thats my guess !!

fancypants

• View Profile
Interesting 1960's (IMO) photos , jabiloxi .

Looks like So. Cal or left coast hep cats to me (from tile roof & flora) .

There certainly are collectors of photos , even those who have anonymous photographers ;
collecting them often takes persistence , and sense of one's own aesthetic taste & judgement .
In my experience , some of these collectors will ponder purchasing an anon photo for hours , including those that are priced at $5 & less .

It's been said that time , not money , is the currency of collecting anonymous photographs .

Thanks for posting your items , jabiloxi !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
The last pic looks like the 60's....especially with the "high waters" they have on!  LOL
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!