Author Topic: old prints or lithographs????  (Read 2378 times)

Packman

• View Profile
old prints or lithographs????
« on: March 27, 2011, 07:45:45 pm »
I have a couple of prints or lithographs not sure. They do have an indent around the picture...i think this is visable in the attached photos.

These are by F.T. Richards in 1901...but in the bottom right corner it states.."Published by Glamor Paris 1955"

The paper has yellowed a bit, but the colors are vibrant and good.

Any value to these...i cant seem to find much about them on google.

thanks.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: old prints or lithographs????
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:35:10 pm »
They appear to be part of a set of lithographs of golfers. I haven't come across a $$ amount yet but if anyone has access to this site they have a set of five and also two individual pieces listed.......price only to members.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/7420582

Some also appear on the Worthpoint site.......again, no price available without membership

Packman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 07:05:20 am »
thanks for the help sapphire.

Anybody have access to worthpoint or liveauctioneers??

Ellenshar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 07:36:40 am »
Sapphire, on Liveauctioneers the set of 5 "framed" sold for $100.00.  There were a couple of other framed ones that sold for $300.00 a piece.  A set of three "unframed" sold for $60.00.  Hey, I actually had an answer for somebody on this site - finally!  I joined the Liveauctioneers site a couple of months ago - no charge.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:46:29 am by Ellenshar »

waywardangler

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 07:50:41 am »
I am registered on liveauctioneers also, no charge and it gives access to their auction prices. The prints that sold were a set of 5 and were framed. That would mean $20 each framed at best. No frames with some foxing going on would drop the value of an individual print to less than $10 in my opinion. At an auction, you would have at least 2 interested parties bidding against each other and the price realized would be for that point in time. No auction and trying to sell on the open market is anyone's guess. No interest is a possibility or you could have someone looking for that one print to complete their set.

Packman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 08:24:49 am »
i will probably put them on ebay.

if sold...what is the best way to ship? Should i loosely roll them and but in tube??

thanks for the info everybody.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 05:57:22 pm »
I  would not roll any old paper items !!  Some will tear at the edges unless its in really good condition !! If they are small framed works I would tape the glass X shaped across the front, wrap the entire thing in bubble wrap, then center it in a larger sturdy box and fill with packing.  The trick to mailing glass is to pack it so it does not touch the box and doesn`t move if its shaken. I use plastic bags that you get at wal-mart and all the other stores you shop at. They cost nothing, weigh nothing and I always have them available.  If the print is too large for that then try to roll it !!  I have had some that were so fragile that as you tried to roll they split !!