Author Topic: Help with baby plates please *pics*  (Read 1699 times)

ayashe

• View Profile
Help with baby plates please *pics*
« on: April 26, 2011, 12:19:39 am »
I've uploaded these to their biggest size, apologies if they're too big. I'll size them down if needed!

We’re having a baby this July! I’ve dug out my old baby plates to hang in baby's room. Would welcome suggestions on any history and/or value, just for fun. Have included photos of front and backs.

PS- We're expecting a boy-- does anyone think these are too 'sissy' for a boy's room? I have pink plates and ones with dolls & kittens on them, so the plates shown here are definitely the more masculine of the collection, lol! My hubby isn't so sure...

Close-up of "Baby" and "Oswald"

"Baby" stamp underneath:

"Oswald" stamp underneath:

Little Jack Horner, front and back:

Yellow plate, front & back (Canonsburg Pottery Co, Made in USA:

Mystery plate (says Germeny on the back and has number I can't quite make out, maybe 149):

mariok54

• View Profile
Re: Help with baby plates please *pics*
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:41:02 am »
Too 'sissy'?  I could be opening myself up to a load of flack here, but in my opinion there is no such thing. Having a brother 5 years older than me, and who always thought that I was 'too young' to bother with, my main influences were my two older sisters. So my early life was taken up with a mix of dolls and guns (when it was still seen to be OK to let children play with guns), and I think that I've turned out fairly well adjusted ... or so my shrink tells me.  ;D

On the serious matter of the plates .. I'm having difficulty making out some of the backstamps, but I'm sure that some of the others will have more luck.

I say 'hang 'em high, and hang 'em securely' !  and roll on July!

ayashe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:51:09 am »
Haha, thanks mariok54. :D

I've typed out a description for most of the stamps on the plates above the photos. I figured the pics wouldn't give enough detail of the stamps... but there are a few I can't make out in person.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:56:14 am »
I think they are perfectly appropriate for boy or girl !!  Your son will enter this world as a collector !!  I was raised with two brothers, three male cousins, and many male friends so my toys were also a mixture of guns, model airplanes and cars, with the occassional doll thrown in !!  I think I turned out OK !!  I just relate to men really well !!  Mmmmmm,, might actually help your son in the future !! Do you think ??