Author Topic: Curious if anyone knows anything about this old table.  (Read 1671 times)

chrisbnj

• View Profile
Curious if anyone knows anything about this old table.
« on: April 27, 2011, 07:51:30 am »
My grandmother gave me this table. Anyone know of one like this?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Curious if anyone knows anything about this old table.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:26:50 am »
Look like a really cool table, what is it made of?  From the pics it almost looks metal, silverplate, the style looks victorian.

chrisbnj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 08:43:12 am »
It is a pretty cool table. I dont have it in my possession but I thought it was brass maybe. Didnt see a manufactorer on it either. Next time i will take a better look at it.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:23:25 am »
This is a grouping of tables ??  3 or 4 ?? Top pic show 2 that fit together,, cant tell if there are just 2 views from each side or if there is a matching one on each side of the round top one !!  Last pic is  different and looks a bit taller !!

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:33:15 am »
Judging by what is on the tables, I would say that there are three, and that would make sense ...This could be an inter4sting search.

Next time you get a chance to photo them, could you take some clearer shots as well as shots of the underside and any markings?

chrisbnj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:57:10 am »
I used my phone to take the pics. It is a three piece table and then an end table. Next time I will bring my camera for better pics. This really is a nice looking table. I never have seen anything like it.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 10:16:38 am »
So you have three pieces and a separate end table !!  Four total all one style ??  The base of the end table looks same as pieces made in the 70`s !!  Late 60`s early 70`s furniture makers were going with organics and the group of three shows this in their bases.  But need more detailed pics and any markings on them as well as construction details !!