Author Topic: Cut Glass collection value?  (Read 5018 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Cut Glass collection value?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 09:41:03 pm »
  Your first pitcher appears to be Press Cut Crystal Glass, Pitchers can yielsd good value when in perfect Condition.  It has a what is called a Starburst pattern seen on many pattern Glass pieces each a bit difference.  This can be a good way of finding the pattern and maker, look at the star, on this piece it appears the star is cut into the burst pattern.  I would bet this piece is Mid century in Age and would get about $30.00 (Ebay).

The bell looks Fostoria to me, Fostoria did lots of pressed glass Bells including the famous Avon and most Christmas collections, these are collected at lot but don't usually yield much in value a Few dollars at best.

Your next Pitcher I really like, appears pressed with a panelled Quilted style pattern with Pineapple, I would have to look around a bit to find the pattern, but all in all this pattern is a bit harder to find then most starbust style, and would say you are looking at $50.00 in value.

The Next two bowls look pretty impressive also.  Both look to be Cut leaded Crystal of good to great quality, would love to hear the ping these give.  They appear to have a sharp Scalloped edge, was really popular is the EAPG and EAPC period,  The First one kind of looks like a Mckee Aztec if so would be EAPC possibly, but I have a feeling these are later pieces mid to late century, The second on has a very unusal pattern that I feel may make the item worth more,  These pieces I would easily call worth the 50.00 range if not more, but I may be bias here cause I really like these two

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 09:54:32 pm »
    The next item you are calling a Fostoria Bowl, Is it marked as such?  It does have the appeal of a Fostoria piece.  Fostoria made Glass and Crystal Glass items this would appear to be Crystal Glass.  It has a nice Paneled star pattern that is nice, but usually a Fostoria piece of later aged crystal glass does not yield the higher value of like a Gorham for example.  I would say this may yield of $20.00 depending on the quality of Glass it is.

The Compote next look like a few I have, You see these every where and I know one I have is Bohemian Crystal the other I have yet to find.  These are pressed cut Lead crystal usually and made with great quality and Quanity, Popular Wedding Gifts.  Your really appeears much like mine that has a Bohemian Crystal foil label on it.  These are kind of getting out of the pattern Glass catagory and more Contempory Glass.  Since so many have been made and many out there to be had, usually these are hard pressed to get $20.00 for them.

The last item that you have identified as Fostoria is a Tulip Cup Fostoria like the bells made lots of these, They made a Tulip Cup for Avon also a bit different but kind, these are worth very little and can be picked up for 1 or 2 bucks.

Hope this was not too much and it helps some, You have a nice little collection and I really like the Panelled Pitcher and the two bowls the most, any other questions feel free to ask, and thanks for posting.   

grandmastreasures

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 09:38:25 am »
Wow, ironlord! Thanks so much for going into so much depth. I learned a lot. I just rang them, and the two bowls do ring nicely. The Fostoria is indeed marked on the bottom as such. It also rings nicely. What an education! Thanks again.
Jeff