Author Topic: TV show on antiques looking for participants  (Read 1495 times)

findit

• View Profile
TV show on antiques looking for participants
« on: May 03, 2011, 06:54:13 am »

I figured I would post this on the main forum, since everyone, even non members can see it.
I just got off the phone with David.
He also emailed me a bunch more info. He is for real. (google his name, and see for yourself)

I also just got this email from him:
hi ed,

of course i understand your skepticism.

again, my name is david polanzak. i'm a casting director at the television production company zodiak usa, located in santa monica, ca. our website is: www.zodiakusa.com, and my direct line is: 424.214.4628. feel free to direct anyone and everyone to both the website, my email address or just have them call me directly. this is a fun, positive show we're putting together that highlights couples/families and their antiques and the unique connection they all have to one another, so i'm eager to start talking to people who are interested.

thanks again for taking the time to inquire, and i hope to speak with you, or any of your members, very soon.

best,
dave

David is casting director for a bunch of big shows (deal or no deal, wife swap, dont forget the lyric, etc)

They are looking for a couple that has antiques, and is out of sorts because of the economy. They will bring in 3 buyers to assess the value of their antiques, and potentially compete to buy some of them. The idea is to show the gravitas of the situation, but to have a happy ending when the people get a lot of money for unknown valuable they had.

He said that if you feel qualified, (have enough antiques, and fit the situation), he wants you to call him directly, ASAP.

Hey, maybe our little antiques site can get a mention on a teevee show, and get an influx of members!

(ha, I can see the veterans of the board now saying "NO. NO! wayward! Delete this post! quick!"... )

I'd settle for a famous member... :)

Oceans64

• View Profile
Re: TV show on antiques looking for participants
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:26:07 am »
Sounds like the "Treasures in the Attic". I really enjoyed that show when it was in a decent time slot.

Looking forward to seeing this!  Hopefully he'll let us know when it's on!
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:44:05 am »
Sounds like a good format !! I am sure there are a few here that might fit their criteria !!  Everyone can use a bit of extra cash !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 01:48:28 pm »
Sounds great to me.  The first I thought of was someone about 5 months ago that inherited alot (rooms & rooms) of antiques from their mom (was splitting it up with a sibling).  However, she might have sold them all....Maybe she will look on and see this.  I will try and track it down.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!