Poll

i have a illinois moulding that it has a oil painting that it looks like a pharmacist kit, with four mirrors on the sides and in the back has a red stamp that reads Illinois Moulding Company Chicago 8 Illinois U.S.A. and some handwritten numbers 0359 that

none
0 (0%)
none
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: illinois moulding company chicago 8 illinois u.s.a.  (Read 15642 times)

julio2010

• View Profile
illinois moulding company chicago 8 illinois u.s.a.
« on: August 24, 2010, 04:43:55 pm »
i have a illinois moulding that it has a oil painting that it looks like a pharmacist kit, with four mirrors on the sides and in the back has a red stamp that reads Illinois Moulding Company Chicago 8 Illinois U.S.A. and some handwritten numbers 0359 that i'm assuming is the date. can somebody help and give some info related to it. I will truly appreciate it.

thanks,

waywardangler

Re: illinois moulding company chicago 8 illinois u.s.a.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 06:56:31 pm »
Please post some pics and someone may be able to help you after seeing what it is you are describing.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:46:50 pm »
IMCo was the moulding/framing part of the company and Windsor was the art part!

Located in Chicago in early 1900's to appx 1970, Windsor Art Products produced reproductions of original art that they received rights to reproduce....thus it was a decorative arts publishing company.  It had prints made and artists that gave proper brush strokes/etc by pressing or embossing to simulate an original.  This was not done to deceive but to make art affordable to the general population.  The main company (Illinois Moulding Company) framed the pieces and usually had gold/metal nameplates identifying the pieces. 

I am sorry but I am not familiar with yours.  Would have to see a pic of it.  Generally speaking these pieces will not make you rich at resale but will give much pleasure to those that own them...as was intended.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 07:35:42 am »
i got a master lambton made by the same 2 companys it says p390-10 on it also says $25