Author Topic: Can anyone tell me anything about this.  (Read 1675 times)

jala727

Can anyone tell me anything about this.
« on: May 16, 2011, 11:49:08 am »
It's in rough shape, but the shingles are rare and no where to be found.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:55:02 am by jala727 »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone tell me anything about this.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 01:06:06 pm »
Could we get more pics as well as close ups ?? Inside and out !!  Shingles look like ones that come on a roll and are wired.

jala727

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 01:42:32 pm »
Thank you for the reply, I have uploaded the photos

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 02:34:42 pm »
The English tudor styling plus brick indicates to me that the dollhouse is possibly from the 70`s !!  Interior also looks 70`s or later to me !!   Could have been sold in a kit and buyer put it together.  Have you looked on the bottom for a label ??

jala727

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 03:26:51 pm »
There is no stamp or certificate on the bottom, but there is slots to secure the stairwell which could possibly indicate that was a kit. Could  this be something of value?  I'm a new member and I just started getting involved with antiques so I'm hoping I'm on somewhat of a right path.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 03:53:56 pm »
Welcome to the forum, I hope you'll enjoy many years of antique collecting! Unfortunately, I don't think this is doll house is antique. It looks like one of the hundreds of doll house kits that have been on the market since about the 1970's. The shingles are all identical and mass-produced and the thin wood all looks machined. You may even be able to spot tiny "tabs" on the edges of the wood where pieces were punched out. This does not look like something that anyone made by hand, unless there is something I'm not seeing.

The style of the house is called "Tudor". If you google Tudor dollhouse kit you will see a lot of these, although I did not find one identical, there are many very close to yours. Here's a couple

http://hobby.uk.com/dolls-houses/1-16/plans-fittings-kits.html?limit=all
Antiqueaholic in recovery

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 04:11:07 pm »
Yes,, Welcome to the group !!  Although not antique, there are many doll house enthusiasts !!  Some of the furniture is quite collectable for the old ones !!

jala727

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 04:19:21 pm »
Wow, thank you all for your feedback. I'm officially addicted, and inspired to learn more.

CuriousCollector

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 04:25:10 pm »
If my own experience is any indication, it is rather difficult to unload a dollhouse.  I've been trying to "re-home" one for six years now!  If you bought it cheap and can sell it cheap, you might be okay.  I have over $600 in mine, and can't even sell it for the $250 I've been asking.