Author Topic: I have an end table that i'm hoping to find some information on  (Read 1230 times)

jala727

I have an antique end table (I think) that has caught my attention.The foundation is very sturdy and the finish is in rough shape. It also has a stamp on the bottom that is 5II. Does anyone know where this table might of came from, would it ever be wise to refinish an antique item to its original condition and how would one price this item if I were to sell this? My neighbor collects a lot of antiques, and mentioned that it possibly came from The Bombay company, but studying the basics of looking at the fine antiques really has me studying every detail of this table. I have included photos on this link below. Thanks for your help!

http://s1035.photobucket.com/albums/a434/jala727/End%20Table/

mart

• View Profile
Re: I have an end table that i'm hoping to find some information on
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 07:45:47 pm »
Bombay Company is a newer mail order/ import company ! I think it has been around since the 70`s !! Have you tried old english dark oil on it !!  Thats what I would try first !! I am guessing from what I can see that the wood is mahogony !!  It usually covers well !!

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 07:53:57 pm »
My coffee table is from the Bombay Company as well, I love their stuff. I am reading online that it did start in the 70s. They recently went bankrupt and got bought out. Now it looks like their furniture is going to be sold at cheaper stores, which means the quality will probably get cheaper as well.  :-\

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 05:07:01 pm »
I will bump this up for you !!