Author Topic: antique trunk?  (Read 12040 times)

latisha_sand

• View Profile
Re: antique trunk?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 07:57:46 am »
Thanks everyone. It's nice to know that I have a piece that may have an interesting history. Does anyone know if the White Star Line had different colors of stickers for different ships? I've tried to look up the line and see what ship the sticker came from, or time period, and the only one I can find is a red one, not blue. I'm assuming the red one was used on the Titanic?

waywardangler

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 08:04:46 am »
A very nice size trunk and a really good look. I think this is after 1900 mainly due to the folding, internal, riveted, catch that reminds me of a card table latch. The labels add to the trunk's charm.

Tales said...
I'd be willing to bet that just about everyone on this forum has a trunk... show of hands?

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 08:26:16 am »
I agree, trunks are neat and I think they are the way that a lot of people get started collecting antiques. They are not too expensive, you can easily tell an original from a reproduction and they just oooooze history!

I'd be willing to bet that just about everyone on this forum has a trunk... show of hands?

Had an old trunk back in the early 70s which we picked up in a charity shop for almost nothing. My main recollections are of dragging the thing on and off buses (lived in London at the time) as we moved flats!

BTW ... nice find!  ;D