Author Topic: Balinese ,Hanuman wood sculpture.Please help with value of item.  (Read 1758 times)

kh81

• View Profile
Hello ,I have posted on here recently asking about this sculpture.I was told a bit of info about it and now Ive researched it I have found a little bit more.I have found a similar item that sold in carters antiques guide 2009,I do not subscribe to their site though. It is a figure of the Hindu god Hanuman ,he is fighting Rawana.It is at least 50 years old ,probably more though.Handcarved with great detailing in a two tone wood ,could be sono wood or so Ive heard.It is a solid carving ,quite heavy.From indonesia ,most likely Bali.Please see the attached photos.I can take more should that help you.
Im now trying to find out how much they sell for if anyone could help with that ,anyone have the carters antique guide at all ? Any help will be much appreciated.It may be worth hardely anything ,worth a try.Thankyou for reading.
http://photobucket.com/keelyhaslam  - please try this link for getting a good photograph which you can zoom in clearly.I apologise I am not knowledgable as to how to change photo sizes in order to upload.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:59:43 am by kh81 »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Balinese ,Hanuman wood sculpture.Please help with value of item.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 11:01:00 am »
Pic is so small,, can`t see detail !!

waywardangler

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 11:26:14 am »
Mart, if you click on the photobucket link, 3 images come up that can be enlarged.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 12:10:06 pm »
Now how did I miss that link ?????  Thanks !!

kh81

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 02:13:00 am »
Yes sorry about that.I tried uploading some pics and they were too large ,then it let me upload this one which was too small,lol. So I resorted to using photobucket.Thanks for looking .

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 02:37:28 am »
kh81, convert your photos to "standard size" E=mail/Web format before uploading them.