Author Topic: 2 Items I came across, any help??  (Read 1463 times)

drododdsnends

• View Profile
2 Items I came across, any help??
« on: June 13, 2011, 05:42:32 pm »
This first item I bought at a yard sale for $1. It just looked unique, and I know not one thing about it. It has some type of asian art on it with asian writing. It seems to be some sort of serving tray. It looks wooden but seems to be some type of laminate. There are no markings or writing on the bottom. The bottom seems to be painted black. Any idea of value or if it is just nothing at all?

The second item is some sort of pitcher with a tray. It seems to be ceramic. it doesnt have any markings at all either on the bottom or anywhere else. There is so much detail and work put into this, thats what made it appeal to me.
Does anyone know what this may be, or what the value, or age, or origin may be??

THANK YOU SO MUCH for any and all help you can give me!! It is very deeply appreciated!!

drododdsnends

• View Profile
Re: 2 Items I came across, any help??
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 07:41:05 pm »
the serving tray could possibly be bamboo by the way.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 10:12:07 pm »
Nice Bisque Porcelain Pitcher and Basin,  My Girlfriend has the exact same one in the cabinet.  These are not old and are usually made for Weddings and Hoildays.  Can still find them new in the store.  She pick up hers at a Thrift shop for $10.00, Mostly they are worth about $20.00 to $30.00 new.

drododdsnends

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 11:31:38 pm »
thanks ironlord!!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:55:58 pm »
Totally agree with ironlord about the pitcher/bowl and believe the tray isn't old as well.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!