Author Topic: Possible antique items. Any advice appreciated.  (Read 1012 times)

lonestar300

• View Profile
Possible antique items. Any advice appreciated.
« on: June 21, 2011, 12:28:32 am »
We recently purchased a storage locker containing some items which we believe may be antiques. If anybody has an idea of origin, time period, or estimated value of these items, feel free to let us know. Thanks!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Possible antique items. Any advice appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 08:01:18 am »
Bed appears to be from the late 40`s ,,early 50`s from what I can see.  Not sure if the artwork is original though. Wood could be oak or blond mahogony. Pretty heavy ?? Value would be minimal from the condition,,probably about $100. !!
Desk looks 40`ish from the style. Probably a student desk of sorts. Paint lowers value !! Its probably made of walnut as much of it was in that style.  Value probably around $75. if you are lucky !!  They are not in demand now days !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Possible antique items. Any advice appreciated.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 09:18:43 am »
Would need to see slats and back sides to determine if it is even that old....they have made alot of repros the past 15 years that loo like refinished pieces.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!