Author Topic: Beautifully painted ceramic egg shaped bowl with flowers leaves and gold paint  (Read 1189 times)

agreeneyes

This is exquisite I'm not an expert so this is why I come to the experts.  It's a bowl with lid shaped like an egg with blue, white and yellow flowers and green leaves with gold paint   It appears to be old possibly 1950's-1960'? because of it's style but not sure.  It's signed by the artist with a stylized A on the bottom.  It's approximately 5 inches tall and 7 1/2 inches long.  Does anyone know what this style of design is referred to and the age and possibly the value and the artist who created this.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
agreeneyes, great to see you back!

This appears to be what I saw back in the 60's...so I bet your time line is good there.  Usually saw them from ceramic classes; homemade by women's groups.  In my neck of the woods $8 - $15 dependent upon buyer demand.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

agreeneyes

Thank you I wouldn't have guessed a ceramics class, I think the detail is exquisite.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
I know my grandmother was in a woman's club and they had "classes" and made exquisite items!  Her porcelain nativity pieces were so beautifully done that Disney pursued her to do some items for them.  Until that point she was a retired secretary and busy in the Garden and Women's Clubs.  So, when I say a ceramics class....our minds usually go to a child's class....these were top notch artisans!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

waywardangler

I see quite a few ceramic class items at local sales and some are quite good. I first thought this was a class egg but held off on posting until someone more knowledgeable (KC) weighed in.

agreeneyes

Well, this is exquisite work so the person who made this was also quite the artisan.  I can't believe the value is so low, to buy something like this today I would think would be around $25.00-$35.00 at the least.  Thank you for all of the information

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
agreeneyes, I agree with you that it is a shame the value is so low....however, I am basing on what I see selling and based on buyer demand.

agreeneyes

thank you