Author Topic: Information about crystal punch bowl??  (Read 2443 times)

redbird458

• View Profile
Information about crystal punch bowl??
« on: July 08, 2011, 05:57:34 pm »
Hello all. My name is James and I am brand new to this forum. I am looking for some information about an antique punch bowl I inherited from my grandmother. I will take any information about these type of punch bowls. Thanks for looking!

redbird458

• View Profile
Re: Information about crystal punch bowl??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 06:05:17 pm »
Pictures

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 06:12:11 pm »
   Wow what a stunning Crystal Punch Bowl.  Cut crystal at that.   It can be a bit of a task to find the pattern and maker, but I will snoop around a bit.   Most of these Punch Bowl set can yield the low $$$.00 at least, when they are full sets and all there, but all and all can be hard to flip because of size and weight and overall packing.   If you are not planning to keep it, these are best sold at a local Auction house, or if you want to get closer to the value a consignment store.   Your punch bowl is about the most stunning one I have see thus far.

redbird458

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 06:30:25 pm »
Thank you very much. I know it is a very beautiful piece, However it is a pain to move and reassemble. The only thing I know about it is that it supposedly came off a ship in the early 1900's from norfolk Virginia.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 06:55:00 pm »
Stunning is right !!  Haven`t seen anything that nice in years !!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 11:47:12 pm »
    Well between this and the Butter dish, I have spent my night searching the net and books.  I just wanted to get back to this, I have looked through my books and look arond the net and have not found one like this at all.  The most unique aspect of this is the Square sawtooth rim, found a few patterns with a kind of Squared off rim but nothing this close.  So I will have to place my neck out and say it is most likely Bohemian lead cut crystal of the finest quality, cir.  does appear to be late 1800's to early 1900's based on the Pedastal style and size and I assume it is very thick too.  Value of one like this would start in the $300.00 to $500.00 range sale value.  For sure a nice piece and thanks for sharing.  I will keep my eyes peeled as l look around at other stuff and maybe I will find it, sometimes I find things mnoths afterwards.

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 12:33:05 am »
That is a beautiful punch bowl, and it has echos of a bygone era. I would hate to trust that piece to the  Mail people ! So I agree, an Auction House or local Antiques Centre might be the best place to sell it.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 12:43:54 am »
Oh goodness, that is gorgeous! Your grandmother had wonderful taste. I would imagine that this set would be in high demand if you do sell it, but I would keep it as a treasured heirloom. :)

redbird458

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 07:24:22 am »
Thank you very much Ironlord and everyone else for all of your encouragement and information. You all have helped me very much!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 07:34:23 am »
In total agreement with Ironlord you have Bohemian Czech Hand Cut Crystal Punch Bowl  and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Most if not all large american made punch bowls come with the base as a seprate piece so you would have the bowl & pedistal to place it on. Most Czech pieces are one large, heavy piece. Beautifully cut I would place a higher value parts of your pattern look to match this piece produced by RADKA http://cgi.ebay.com/Bohemian-Czech-Crystal-16pcs-Punch-Bowl-w-leidl-HUGE-/300535812100    good luck & don't let this one go!!! :)

redbird458

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 05:37:29 pm »
I am in the NJ/PA area and as much as I hate to, I have to sell it. My family is moving to Hawaii and we would rather not take the chance to ship it or even move it ourselves. If anyone is in the area and interested or knows any one that would offer a fair price please email me or PM me. Thank you Very much everyone for all of your help with this piece!

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 08:06:24 pm »
If I had the money, this would belong to me!! You could always list it on ebay for Local Pick Up Only. You seem to be in an area of the country where this would be sought after so it would probably sell well there. Good luck.