Author Topic: Need ID Help, Please  (Read 1396 times)

AuTrain

• View Profile
Need ID Help, Please
« on: July 16, 2011, 09:03:04 am »
I have a hand cut cranberry red and clear lead lead crystal footed vase.  The vase has a label, but I cannot read the entire statement.  It says, "Arca_a," and "Western Germany" on it.  Can someone help me with the ID so that I can further research its value?

mart

• View Profile
Re: Need ID Help, Please
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 03:04:57 pm »
Can you post a pic please ? Ironlord is excellent on glassware. Perhaps he will know and can help but he needs to see it and the markings.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 08:16:04 pm »
    My first thought would be Arcoroc, But I believe they are in France, maybe they have a plant in Western Germany.  We at least know that it would predate 1990's based on the Western Germany,  There is also a Arcopal but unsure where they are from.  All in All Cranberry Glass items are pretty sought after, and if cut crystal and Footed you have alot going for you.  Overall depending on Age and maker, most Crystal as you have describe will get a easy $20.00 to $50.00, but would need pics to make any other calls.

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 12:29:35 am »
I was thinking it might be 'Arcadia' but can only find one piece of lead crystal but no further info  :(

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 09:39:03 am »
    Arcadia would make more since letter wise, but they are a American company that was short lived, started in 1901 and ended in the 1914's and they did cut Glass for the most part as far as I know.

waywardangler

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 01:09:05 pm »
AuTrain needs to post a clear pic of the label to eliminate guessing in my opinion. If there is a pic of the arca_a, one could see the spacing and how many letters are/is actually missing.

A clear picture is worth a thousand words.  I do not know how many times that statement needs to be made but it is totally accurate.