Author Topic: (HMV) Need valuation for His masters voice gramophone lp's???  (Read 1684 times)

chilton-p

• View Profile
Hi there,

I have a collection of His masters voice gramophone LP's. I am looking to get them valued but don't know where to start.
I have 10 mint condition HMV lp's and they are classical/orchestral from the early 20th century..

can anyone help? or point me to a dealer who might be interested?

thanks

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: (HMV) Need valuation for His masters voice gramophone lp's???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 11:12:01 am »
I'm afraid these are very hard to sell. The most desireable ones are popular vocal tunes and even those don't demand much $$. Unfortunately there are a lot more records out there than there are Victrolas and Gramophones to play them on. I have a Victrola and I can generally pick up records for about a dollar a piece. I wish I had better news for you. Maybe someone else will have had a different experience.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 02:23:06 pm »
Sorry but Tales is right !!  I have many albums (book type) that are complete and can`t sell them for more than a few dollars !! Classics you almost can`t give away !! You need a few more ?? I have a bunch to sell !! I have a Victrola too !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 12:52:03 pm »
Yepper...the others are correct!  We know that it just doesn't seem fair...but market demand is what fuels this and there just isn't high demand for these!

Hold on to them....someday it will turn after everyone has finished using them for target practice, frisbees, melted into bowls, bent into bookends, hung on walls for decoration, etched pictures on them and painted on them with "far-out" colors and designs.......
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

azzaro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 03:35:10 pm »
True...very true. However, all hope is not lost. Some album covers (original lithographs) have the real $$$ value versus the LP inside. Depends on the LP. For example a Sgt Pepper's album without the cover is worthless. With cover..in the $$$ range.