Author Topic: Need help please with lead crystal  (Read 813 times)

deanminor35

• View Profile
Need help please with lead crystal
« on: July 21, 2011, 04:58:57 pm »
I have a set of 12 water goblets that are lead crystal that my grandfather got some place in Europe i think just after WWII. MY grandmother passed away and they are now mine,she could never find out anything about them when she was alive and i would like to see if anyone could tell me more about them.thank you for your time. if anyone thinks they could help and need more pics or has any info please e-mail me at deanminor35@gmail.com

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Need help please with lead crystal
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:33:18 pm »
     I thumb through my few books with patterns, which is mostly Fostoria and Cambridge, and came up short.  Which does not surprise me too much, since you said they came from Europe.  Europe Crystal is a whole different ballpark, here we mostly see Fostoria and Cambridge with Acid Etched patterns on the surface.  Not sure what Europe companies was known for this.  It might help to get a picture of the Stem, Stems are just important in finding the maker as the etching is.  I will see if I can find some names of popular crystal Glass makers in Europe that is known for this style.