Author Topic: Need help with a couple light fixtures  (Read 1176 times)

jkski8884

• View Profile
Need help with a couple light fixtures
« on: July 27, 2011, 11:48:16 am »
We recently moved into a new (old) home. I am trying to figure out the period and possibly maker of my dining light fixture as well as the livingroom fixture. I do believe they are original to the house, but I'm not positive. Our home was probably built around 1910 or so. Here are a few photos- any help/direction would be greatly appreciated! T.I.A.!!!

jkski8884

• View Profile
Re: Need help with a couple light fixtures
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:50:40 am »
livingroom fixture

mart

• View Profile
Re: Need help with a couple light fixtures
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 07:39:53 pm »
Your light fixtures may be original to the house !! Its really difficult to tell the age from pics but they certainly could be !! As far as knowing who the maker is,, that would be more difficult unless its a really high end piece and has a name on it somewhere !!  I have rewired many old fixtures and I have never seen a marked one !! It looks like the living room fixture may have had the shades replaced sometime in the 70`s !!  The type that is on it is still on the market, or at least very similar ones !! However they go with the center column well so its not a big deal unless you are thinking of selling it !! I would make sure that the wiring is up to code in both of them !!  Old wiring in these fixtures can cause a fire and we wouldn`t want that !!