Author Topic: old green bowl? stumped!?!?  (Read 1095 times)

drododdsnends

• View Profile
old green bowl? stumped!?!?
« on: July 28, 2011, 10:43:49 pm »
Hi, I came across this bowl at a garage sale, and I thought it looked pretty cool. I looked at the bottom and it has something that says "Meuager" ????? I honestly cant read it except the M at the beginning, and the ger at the end. Underneath it says USA and underneath it is a date or some type of number. it sorta looks like 1773 even thought I know that isnt the date of this item, at least I dont think so. Ive searched different variations of the name on the internet and can't find anything. I was going to keep it for myself but if I find out it's worth anything I might try to sell it. Anyone have any idea what this is? Thanks for any help guys. Here are some pics.

Thanks again guys!!

waywardangler

Re: old green bowl? stumped!?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 10:57:56 pm »
Haeger is the name on the bottom. I have seen plenty at garage sales and many people probably collect it but the prices are still very cheap (maybe that is why people collect it). By cheap, I mean 50c-$5.00.  I just read the book Killer Stuff and Tons of Money and a quote from that book says to think of Hagar the Horrible when you see Haeger pottery.  In other words the dealer the author was shadowing for years meant, do not buy it. I think one could have a fairly nice looking collection for not a lot of money by buying Haeger and displaying it tastefully on shelves. "Do what you like and like what you do."

drododdsnends

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 11:12:09 pm »
thanks wayward!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 11:54:56 pm »
    This is also considered as mid century ceramics, many collectors are starting to pop up collecting these items.  The value is low like wayward mentioned, but have pick of lot of pieces at the local Auction house for a couple of buck and they sell for sometimes as much as $7.00, and they do tend to move.  Also the item you have would be considered a Bulb pot. Cir. 50's maybe 60's