Author Topic: Ovingtons dinner service  (Read 1074 times)

KWBonnie

• View Profile
Ovingtons dinner service
« on: July 29, 2011, 03:21:16 pm »
I have a dinner service for at least 8 (maybe 12, but some still packed away).  Marked Ovingtons New York on the bottom and Decorated in USA.  My step dad worked for them either before or after WW2, and the story is that he designed them.   Fancy Gold filigree with navy blue line all around.  Have all serving dishes as well.  Don't know what to do with them or how to find out value.  HELP!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Ovingtons dinner service
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 04:39:02 pm »
    If you could post some pictures this might help, and or check replacements.com to get a ideal of value.  Keep in mind the value at replacements is about 50% over market value, such as Ebay and etc.  As for what to do with them, my vote would be hang on to them for family sake, espically if your father was the designer.  Selling sets is really hard, unless you split the set, then this can be a lot of work.  Again would love to see a pic of the pattern, thanks for posting, and welcome

Oceans64

• View Profile
Re: Ovingtons dinner service
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 06:54:47 am »
There was a thread on a piece of Ovingtons. Not alot of info but a good link to the store history.  KC may know more.  Agree that pics would help.

http://www.antique-shop.com/forums/index.php?topic=6046.msg20795#msg20795
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey