Author Topic: Card table with printed top  (Read 1912 times)

hudsonhacker

• View Profile
Card table with printed top
« on: August 06, 2011, 04:12:26 pm »
Okay, this is probably worthless, but figured I would check before I sold it for $10. It is a wooden card table with a print of a fox hunt covering most of the top. The print has some scars in it, not really an antique, as can be seen from the hardware. I bought it because I found the print interesting and have not seen any card tables like these around here before. Toss it back for $10, or any value? Not holding my breath on this one!

waywardangler

Re: Card table with printed top
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 04:22:31 pm »
Tallyho! I would use it in your setup and sell it if someone expresses interest.

gardenspotgal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 05:58:28 pm »
I also have an old card table with a flower arrangement scene on the top.  It's not the sturdiest, but I put it against a wall and it adds to the decor.  I bought it at a public sale years ago.  Sorry, I don't do pictures... :'(  Not looking to sell it.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 06:11:00 pm »
Hudson, I so remember one of those from my childhood. Mom had one very similar in picture but the border was black. Had the matching black metal/red vinyl seat folding chairs to match.  Set up every week for bridge night and great for dad's and my jigsaw puzzles.  ;)  That would have been late 50's early 60's

hudsonhacker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 06:34:29 pm »
It is a neat item. At the very least, having it at my booth during sales should catch people's eye and bring them in to check out other items other items!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 10:01:28 am »
Those were popular about the same time as folding TV trays were !! 50`s-60`s !! But they are handy to have if you are setting up  at a flea market/swap meet !!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 10:24:02 am »
   Figured now would be a good time to ask about one of these tables my lady got at the auction about a month ago.  It has a date stamp on the back as 1946, so I have the date, but the makers mark is a bit hard to read.  Have not looked into it personnally yet, but since this tread is about this style of table maybe you folks will have the answer.   It is papered on the top, and has a older style A Frame base. 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 12:31:49 pm »
I have seen those  and think they are on the same order as the earlier one. The A frame was used before they started using the metal one that hinged at the corners !!