Author Topic: 1st purchase-Cecil Aldin print, any way to guess age?  (Read 3832 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: 1st purchase-Cecil Aldin print, any way to guess age?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 06:32:04 pm »
Want to add that I think you have the dandie dinmont print and there is one on ebay UK starting at 9.95 pounds matted but unframed !!  Have no idea how to type that amount properly but it could be your terrier and it is reversed so its a bit difficult to tell if its the same one !!  You might take a look !! I think he said that his is a bookprint ?? So its probably a lesser quality than yours !!

mariok54

• View Profile

waywardangler

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 07:08:48 am »
Reiver's has the dog standing with the front paws on a table or flat surface and the rear paws hidden. I could not find Reiver's print anywhere.

reiver

• OCD awareness week 10th-16th Oct
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 07:47:31 am »
Thank you for all the replies! Yes I was a little worried about the prices quoted etc. was convinced I had been ripped off! The whole experience has made me want to pursue buying interesting bits of art but it's also made me realise that it's not always the price you pay, but whether you actually like the piece and can tolerate it on your wall! This piece jumped out at me, so I bought it because of that, not initally because it could be worth something.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 09:47:00 am »
Yes I see that now !! Wayward so hers is different !! Mario It is the same print just different seller !! The one I found was ebay U.K. !!
Its good to buy because you like it, but should you have a rare print you also need to know its value or approximately anyway !! If you decide to sell at any point it would be the pits if you took garage sale prices and  found out later that it should have sold for a lot more !!  Getting ripped off either buying or selling is what you want to avoid if possible !! Just hang it and enjoy it for now and eventually another will show up somewhere !!