Author Topic: Help! I'm totally lost!!!  (Read 1209 times)

ammerer1

• View Profile
Help! I'm totally lost!!!
« on: July 20, 2004, 01:49:11 pm »
I have a porcelain figurine that is also a trinket box.  It appears to be a Victorian lady wearing a hoop dress with a parrot on her shoulder.  The stamp on the bottom says Germany, and is numbered 3154/I.  I know nothing about antiques, or even where to research this item.  I do know it is old, but in near perfect condition.  Whoever reads this, if you know anything, it is more than I know.  I need some direction.  Please send answers or ideas to ammerer1@yahoo.com.  Thanks So Much!   :D[/i][/font]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 01:53:16 pm by ammerer1 »

kerrybee

• View Profile
Help! I'm totally lost!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 09:42:58 pm »
Okay, let's be lost together.  Does it just say the word "Germany"?  No crowns, squiggles, circles, etc?  And can you post pics of the figurine, and the stamp?  

Guessing, because it says Germany, that it is at least after 1891.  And probably after 1920.  Just guessing, based on markings used historically.  

If you can't provide pics, you can conduct your own web searches, google is a good search engine, I usually use msn.com as it's my home page.  Run your search as -- figurines porcelain germany  --  see what comes up.  Also a good web site I use is www.kaleden.com.  Select porcelain/pottery and narrow search to --  figurines germany  --  .

For practical purposes,  your piece is $50 upwards.  Lets hope way up.   :)

Best wishes, if I can be of further help, post back     KB    :o