Author Topic: Help with identifying art deco vanity  (Read 901 times)

bangschr

• View Profile
Help with identifying art deco vanity
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:29:35 pm »
 Hi everyone.
    I have an antique art deco vanity that I am trying to identify so I can sell it. I know almost nothing about it. There are no markings on it. I can tell it is very old just from the look of it. The hardware that was used to make it seems very old. There are some weird curvy staples in the back which may give some help in dating it also. Does any one have any information on who made it and when? Or what it might be worth?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Help with identifying art deco vanity
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 09:04:41 am »
Beautiful piece you have there.  Around 30's to early 40's approximately.  It is a waterfall style.  These sell for average of $175 to $250 depending on the area and customer demand.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Help with identifying art deco vanity
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 12:36:02 pm »
KC is correct on your dresser !! A vanity would have an opening in the center so you could sit in front of it !!  Actually it makes little difference who the manufacturer was as far as value goes !! Pieces like this were used by almost everyone during that time period !! Do you have the rest of the bedroom suite ??