Author Topic: Old Original Miniature Painting?  (Read 927 times)

KevinM

• View Profile
Old Original Miniature Painting?
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:40:53 pm »
I am trying to find out some information on what I think may be an old original miniature painting that I purchased at the thrift store for $6.00. The painting is in a very nice frame and seems to have been done on some type of paper or parchment. The paint used looks like it may be oil paint or a combination of oil and watercolor or something else. The size of the painting is 6 1/2 inches by 9 inches and is done in extremely fine detail when viewed under a very bright light and a magnifying glass. There are no dots or patterns to indicate it is a print.

The painting looks like it could be English or perhaps Dutch and includes a maiden, lute and a boxer or bulldog in front of a home. I can not find any signature but there may be one included in the fine detail of the work.

What I would like to know is if anyone can recognize the artist, style, origin, time period, theme, or anything else about the painting. I have included a few images of the painting below but the resolution is not as nearly as good as the original painting and the first image is a bit rounded from the small camera lens. I am aware that this could be something taken out of an old book or something but that is why I am asking for any insight here.

Thanks,
Kevin

" width="792" height="2677" border="0

" width="996" height="913" border="0

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:55:08 am by KevinM »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Old Original Miniature Painting?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 01:05:27 pm »
Its a very new frame so just take it out and see if its an illustration or a print !!  It looks like a print from what I can see !! Out of frame would tell more for you !!