Author Topic: No clue what to call this thing...!  (Read 3950 times)

Oceans64

• View Profile
Re: No clue what to call this thing...!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 08:08:15 am »
Ha! Reminds me of a story from my early days....  Probably early 70's we bought a new home (to us) and my Dad put in a gas log.  He was so happy with it and pointed out the little bag of fake embers (?) that you sprinkled around the log once you had it arranged.  "That's asbestos" he said with such a proud look.

Don't know if it was or wasn't but I still giggle a bit when I think of it...  

Someday our modern conveniences of today will be deemed unsafe, cancer causing, energy wasting monstrosities themselves and we'll be left to wonder how we ever survived  ;D
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

mart

• View Profile
Re: No clue what to call this thing...!
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 08:29:14 am »
My family was in construction back when much was made of asbestos !!  I used to play in attics where asbestos was used in insulation !! And it was much stronger than your fuse puller !!  Like someone said its breathing particulated asbestos thats the problem !!  But it did make you itch !!  Its not going to hurt you to touch it,, just wash your hands !!
Also lived in houses that had Johns Manville siding that was made of asbestos !!  Govt. over does everything !!