Author Topic: Brass figure candelabras where can I look for the signiture?  (Read 1420 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Brass figure candelabras where can I look for the signiture?
« on: September 13, 2011, 08:34:49 pm »
What if these are not signed? How would I research them. There are probably thousands of these.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Brass figure candelabras where can I look for the signiture?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 08:53:41 pm »
     After going over something with a loupe and not finding a signature one would have to assume they are more likely mass produced and possible at one time had a foil label or a original box.  Sometimes it may require to take a item apart to search also, or tear the felt of the bottom, but personnally I never go that far.  I know that this offers little help but as you research other items, sometimes you find out about another.  Anyway When looking at your pic I noticed something that looks like green art Glass off to the left side  ;)  some reason it kept taking my eyes away from the candelabras, guess it is just my glass side coming out  :D    Now you got me more curious  ;D

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 09:06:11 pm »
The dish in the back? Or the frog? My mom has two of those. We both have a lot of glass, but I haven't put it up. Some I have at my shore house. My husband calls it the vase from hell. When I was in Italy I made some major purchases. One is a rare piece which has really held it valur. The vase from hell I paid over $1,000.00 I have some great peices there. The glass I have at home was my grandmothers and my mother has some. I have some you probably would be interested in.I'll take some pictures. When I go back to my mom I'll get more pictures.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:14:23 pm by greenacres »

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 09:14:24 pm »
Must be the frog that caught my eye

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 09:38:54 pm »
Just posted you some glass.