Author Topic: Wired feathery pieces for hair or hat?  (Read 9332 times)

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
Re: Wired feathery pieces for hair or hat?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 07:17:54 pm »
That just can't be healthy.

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 02:50:11 pm »
We talked about keeping this thread going with little things just to show. I do hope that is okay. I thought this was a neat find. It's a stethoscope that probably belonged to my husbands Grandmother who was a nurse.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 03:14:57 pm »
Now geez, where'd you find that thing? Some medical stuff is very collectible. I wanted to show you these snowflake.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 03:22:50 pm »
Those are just so pretty, greenacres! Sometimes I wish fashion would go way, way back. Thanks for showing me. I love seeing these things.

As for finding things, I had packed up the belongs of 3 sisters that lived here when we moved in. They had already stored other peoples belongings out back. We had our own things. My Gran passed away and everything was left to Mom and her sister. Now Mom has moved in and we are cramped for space. So for the next while, I'll be going through all these boxes and really clamping down on what to part with and what to keep. I really need the space! It's great fun to go through it all, some I remember, some I don't!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 03:54:31 pm »
Beautiful hat pins GA! When was your grandmother a nurse Snowflake? 1950's maybe?
Antiqueaholic in recovery

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 04:57:11 pm »
Tales, it was my husbands Grandmother. She met her husband in the early 40's. She came to his home to nurse him. They married and she stopped working after that. His dad was born in 46. So I think it would be safe to say late 30's to mid 40's.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 07:11:47 pm »
I wanted to post an update on this. I got a wonderful box of goodies from Snowflake. I kept the hat pin for my costuming and one of the millinery feather pieces for the display. The second feather piece and the pancake beret I sent on to fashion historian Bonnie Hansen, who has a whole talk she does on hats. I've sent her some of the millinery feathers that I had duplicates of for her presentation. I met her in Old Sacramento when I was doing the living history event there. She came out just to see the millinery feathers and I've been passing some of them her way ever since. There were also two spectacular pairs of gloves, one pair in black lace, the other in mesh. Sadly, my fingers were just too long, but I passed them on to one of the reenactor ladies in my gunfighter group who missed out on the leather gloves because her hands were just a little too big. I think these are going to fit her just right!

So Snowflake, thank-you very much! All these pieces are now with people who are very happy to have them!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 07:19:06 pm »
That stethoscope is so neat!!  I would wear THAT as fashion!  8)

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 08:04:18 pm »
Good to know they are in good hands, Tales!  :D

Ha, GG! Have a blood pressure thingy too.

ETA that I can't spell. Goog changed to good.  tired tonight...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:14:24 pm by snowflake »

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 08:21:06 pm »
Oh cooooool!  I love the old blood pressure thingys, too!  This forum/hobby can be dangerous like that...making me want to buy stethoscopes for any reason I can find  ;D  Trying to research those piano baby dolls I got had me bookmarking a zillion of them that I want just because they're so cute!  As cute as I bet your blood pressure cuff is!