Author Topic: Heisey necklace????  (Read 7637 times)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Heisey necklace????
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 07:50:28 am »
Frustrating!! Found a description for a brooch online that stated it was marked with an 'H' inside a diamond shape, attributed to F.A Hermann.  When I checked their picture of the back I found their idea of a 'diamond shape' was a freakin triangle  :P

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 10:28:44 am »

Any jeweler should know the difference in faux vs real pearls !!  Pawn shop usually does too !!

Hey everyone!  I had already tried the Heisey Glass Museum before I stumbled across this forum in my search.  That was about two weeks ago and I haven't received a response yet.   Should probably try again, just started searching elsewhere.  The one bead is very different, but since I know nothing about pearls/beads, I just started to research anything I could get my hands on.  Someone had mentioned having someone look at it, but to be honest, I don't know where to take it.  Everyone I have come in contact with is scratching their heads, including me!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 11:16:10 pm »
The only Diamond with H in it that I found several references (no pic tho) was for Walker & Hill.  Don't know if that will help.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 11:37:31 pm »
I was looking up Walker and Hill thanks to KC and found this.
It was from a FREE 365 page pdf book! What a find.
Check under the W's Page 278.
Could this be it?

ETA it can be found here:
http://www.sha.org/research_resources/documents/Trademarks%20on%20Base-Metal%20Tableware.pdf

On page 324 you will find the last picture (snippet)

Just remember it's a large pdf file.

It says that Sonora Silver is a trade name for nickel silver by Walker & Hall, Sheffield,England here:
http://reviews.ebay.ca/Silver-Alloy-Marks-and-Trade-Names_W0QQugidZ10000000002166795

You solved the mystery KC!!! I thought this day would never come. YAY! You rock!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:00:23 am by snowflake »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 09:15:02 am »
Snowflake, I found that reference Trademarks on Base Metals several years ago and it has been extremely helpful!!!!  I find myself referring to it quite often!!!

Glad my suggestion helped out!  Now you can zero in on it a little more!!!

"Henry Hall joined the partnership in 1848 and the company was known as Walker & Hall in 1853.
The famous trademark of the flag was first registered in 1861. In 1892 Walker & Hall bought the manufacturing silversmiths, Henry Wilkinson & Company.
The firm was managed by Sir John Bingham, Hall's nephew, until 1916. He was succeeded by Sir Albert Bingham.
In 1963 Walker & Hall combined with Mappin & Webb and Elkington to form British Silverware Ltd., which closed down in 1971 due to industrial action. Walker & Hall was later revived as a retail firm."

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:11:04 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 09:56:07 am »
Nice KC this one was driving me CRAZZZZY!!

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 12:45:54 pm »
I'll be hanging on to that copy, for sure. I bet it'll come in handy. This one was driving me crazy too, Wendy! I still can't believe you found it KC. I thought this one was never going to get solved!

srchn4trezr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 02:30:21 pm »
Thanks for the info (that is an excellent resource), but now I'm really confused.  After searching Walker & Hall, I found the following link, that shows a chronological list of marks.  There is an H in a rectangle, but not a diamond.  Wow, this is frustrating!  I also looked under Sonora, but it's not there either.  The search continues.......... ........

http://www.silvercollection.it/ENGLAWALKER&HALL.html

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011, 02:51:40 pm »
Walker & Hall vs Walker & Hill. Every time I punch Hill in, they they try to switch to Hall. Confusing. Not sure, but I think KC is correct and it is the lesser known Hill. And there is not a bunch of info about them to find. But they did use an H in a diamond.