Author Topic: Milk Glass is it Fenton?  (Read 2071 times)

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
Milk Glass is it Fenton?
« on: October 07, 2011, 02:13:20 pm »
I was able to identify the candle holder in the back as a Fenton by the patent number. I think the compote? is a Fenton too. Just by going on images I've seen. There are no marks anywhere though. I am going by the stem for thinking it is. It stands 6 inches high and just about 6 1/2 inches across.

About the lotion bottle, although probably not old. Because it is white, does that mean it might be made by a known manufacturer or no? Are bottles like these worth looking into?

Thanks!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Milk Glass is it Fenton?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 02:44:28 pm »
    It can take a lot of effort sometimes to track down the maker of items like bottles made of other Company products. Esp. with so many companies making milk glass.  Two of the top makers that come to mind for items are Fostoria, Anchor, and sometimes Smith Glass.  But these would just be guesses.  Since it does look a lot like something Avon would of made, chances are good Fostoria made it.  As for the other two items, they do have that Fenton look, but the hobs look a bit not so fenton like.  They probably are but watch out for Smith Glass Hobnail items, they have been confused with Fenton.

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 02:57:23 pm »
Thanks, Ironlord. The candle holder in the back has a patent no 3541569. When I looked it up it said Fenton. But the compote has nothing. I'll look into Smith for it. Thanks a bunch. I was going by the stem because the others had details that mine did not. But then I second guessed because the stems on the Fenton seemed thicker to me. It could be my eyes! Never thought to look at the actual hobnails. Thanks for the tip! They are pointy compared to the candle holder.
I really appreciate the help. Never would have thought about it!

The lotion is Resplenda by Vanda Beauty Counselor here in Canada. Off to do some hunting. Thanks ever so much!

ETA: Resplenda:  "Estra-lo" patented in 1969. Company has been around since 1939 (I think) and Rexall owns it now.
http://chemicals.zibb.com/trademark/resplenda+estra-lo/29255734

People collect the perfume bottles. Not so sure about lotion though. I just don't like white glass but ever since you told me Fenton is no longer making things, best to keep them. I'll just hide them!  ;)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:24:39 pm by snowflake »

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 03:48:11 pm »
Your compote is by Fenton  #3728  Ml comport they also made this shape as a candle holder.  :) They  made a footed nut dish 3629 with hobnails on the stem/ many post these  #s wrong on ebay & such.

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 04:35:51 pm »
Thanks, wendy! Appreciate the help!