Author Topic: Turkish Rug Help  (Read 1470 times)

BobInVirginia

• View Profile
Turkish Rug Help
« on: October 09, 2011, 12:21:18 pm »
Hi folks - Just got back from an estate sale and I brought this carpet home. I believe it's Turkish - possibly wool - it's marked Made in Turkey and Daskiri. It's approx 3x5.

I'm wondering how old it could be and an approximate worth. Mostly just curious. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Turkish Rug Help
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 01:46:55 pm »
Is it worn in the center or just the pic ?? It appears to be a newer one and Daskiri would be the town/area it was made since it says Origin-Daskiri !! I would guess probably a wool or wool blend !! Hand knotted so pretty good rug all in all !! I believe these are still exported for sale here and in other countries !!  I would guess it was made in the last 20 years or so !! See what everyone else says since I am no expert on Turkish rugs !!

BobInVirginia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 02:34:41 pm »
I've looked it over pretty carefully and really don't see a lot of wear though there are a very few loose threads. The wear you're seeing is probably the picture. I really like this rug a lot and the girl at the sale told me that it was mexican which i knew right away it was not. I may end up taking over to a local rug dealer tomorrow just to see what he has to say. I can always take more photos or better ones if necessary. Thanks for the reply!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 03:09:17 pm »
Could be the pic and a glare on one end !! It just looked much lighter on one end than the other !! I can understand from the pattern why the lady thought it was Mexican made !!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 03:14:00 pm by mart »