Author Topic: White & Gold Porcelain Cherubic Figurines  (Read 1759 times)

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
White & Gold Porcelain Cherubic Figurines
« on: October 11, 2011, 05:01:03 pm »
Hi all!  Have these figurines, tallest is 5 3/8".  Found this and they may be Allerton (http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/resources/fake_n_repro/00.php under "Crossed Swords") but haven't found anything on Allerton yet either.

KevinB

• View Profile

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Re: White & Gold Porcelain Cherubic Figurines
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 10:17:58 pm »
Thanks, Kevin!  While it's entirely possible that these are from Japan and/or 1960s, the mark is different from any of those I've found via that link and the other links it points to (though thx for posting it), so I'm still not sure.  The quality of these figurines seems to be better than the other Japanese repros I'm finding...gold is thick and isn't wearing or fading, porcelain and glaze look & feel of good quality with no crazing, and the bottom marks are all slightly different indicative of being hand painted and not printed fakes.  The figures themselves don't have some of the crude styling details found in a lot of the low end repro pieces.

I know I've seen that A with the crossed swords over it on various porcelain marks websites but suddenly I'm at a loss for finding most of them...

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 07:43:54 am »
Looking at your marks and the example from PM&M !! Yours appears to be hand written and not very well done rather than a stamped mark as Allertons is that is very precise, sharp and consistant on each piece !!  I am thinking yours may be a repro or fake mark !! Your marks are different on each figure !!

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 01:02:12 pm »
Thanks, mart!  That may be so.  What is Allerton, though, that it would be worth making repros?  I can't even find any info on Allerton other than that page on porcelain marks.