Author Topic: Seth Thomas mantle clock.. very ornate pendulum  (Read 1174 times)

JoshandLila

• View Profile
Seth Thomas mantle clock.. very ornate pendulum
« on: October 23, 2011, 07:07:33 am »
Hi again, another cool find but having trouble with specific info and was gonna see if anybody could tell me info be for I remove the faceplate and look for pat. dates. Clock says "made by Seth Thomas in USA", has two winding key holes, and has one of the most ornate pendulums Ive seen which is strange because the pendulum swings inside the unit and you cant see it. Just want to get an idea what I got, thanks for any help!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 08:54:05 am by JoshandLila »
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe."
H. G. Wells

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Seth Thomas mantle clock.. very ornate pendulum
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 08:49:37 am »
OMG, before I even start looking at Seth Thomas'..........that pendulum!! Someone was on here maybe a year ago ?? with a small metal "what is it" that was found in the ground I think.......the exact same figure/decoration !!!

wendy177

• View Profile

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 09:32:21 am »
Wow wendy, fast finding that.  The one I remember though, it was in rough shape, there was debate over whether it was a boy running or sitting and exactly what the heck it was.  Don't know if that one ever got resolved and darned if I can find it. 

On another search I did find an original 'boy on the fence' pendulum that sold online though........$26  (16 bids)   ;)

http://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d-245467/antique-seth-thomas-boy-on-fence-clock-pendulum-bob.html

Now to try to find JoshandLila's clock amongst the thousands of Thomas'  out there  :D

JoshandLila

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 09:44:43 am »
do you think the pendulum is original to the clock? seems odd to have it where you cant see it. I found plenty of Seth Thomas clocks out there too lol, thats why I hoped you guys could help me narrow it down. Any significance to the " Made BY Seth Thomas in USA?" and not Seth Thomas Inc or Co. or something? If he made it, and he was dead by the 1860's I believe.. then that would make this REALLY old wouldnt it? Or do they all say made BY?
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe."
H. G. Wells