Author Topic: A whole Bunch Of Stuff for viewing from around the GLOBE Please Advise  (Read 3114 times)

freshfish

• View Profile
Hey everyone, I am really new but I in currently in Central Asia and came across this stuff. . I have no idea anything about it but it looks valuable can anyone give me some information it would be great any help at all . Thanks in advance. There is way more stuff but I can't put more then for pics up, take a look and if anyone can help me in this kind of stuff send a message my way I'm sure it would as satisfying for you as me. Thanks again

BungalowMo

• View Profile
Re: A whole Bunch Of Stuff for viewing from around the GLOBE Please Advise
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 04:26:42 pm »
Might be helpful if you posted photos of the back of these pieces too.  Often there are makers marks that can be helpful.  

Are those last 2 brooches?  They're lovely!

This website is an encyclopedia of hallmarks, maker's marks & metal marks.  http://www.925-1000.com/

You might find some good info in there. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:29:18 pm by BungalowMo »
I can fully appreciate the meaning behind the phrase "They just don't make 'em like they used to".

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 06:07:09 pm »
The last pic appears to be a jewel box !! Do need more detailed pics and the backs of the items !! Can you give us a verbal description, where found and sizes of each !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 06:55:20 pm »
They are amazing. Is that second peice gold? 
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 06:59:49 pm »
Wow! Talk about eye candy! Can you let us know if there are any markings or writing on them. Yes, photo's of the back would help identify them. Thanks for sharing!

freshfish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 01:50:58 am »
Hey guys thanks for the responses, I really don't know to much about this kind of stuff so it didn't click to take pictures of the back of them, There at a persons house here in Tajikistan , He said he has collected them from Afghanistan , Russia, and neighbouring countries etc, He has a whole lot of stuff LIKE ALOT lol and he is selling alot of it, Its really beauitiful stuff but I don't know too much about it and don't want to get ripped off on anything.

Just to try and answer a few questions, The Coin is Gold but I can not read the writing on the picture, as well i believe it has a date of 1816.

The picture of the last Item I have another picture of it its the outside of the box, I will be seeing him again soon I will take pictures of the back of the items, as well I have a picture of a cross and the back of it as well its gold and it ways about 1.5kg :). Also I have another Gold Piece ill put it on later, ill try and get those pictures asap as well.  BungalowMo thank you for the website it looks very helpful. Also if there any other websites in regards to stuff from around this region it would be great. Thanks everyone.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 08:44:52 am »
The gold peices you could weigh and figure the going rate of gold and estimate. If it's 14K it's not pure, so there is a slight difference. If it's 24K of course this is better.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 08:48:14 am »
Did you pay a lot if you don't mind me asking?

KevinB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 08:49:16 am »
If that cross is solid gold? WOW!!  :o  It looks like there is writing on the back of it? Any clue what it says? That thing has to have some cool history behind it.

KevinB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 09:13:00 am »
The Jewelry box thing with the two lions holding the swords. Would what be some sort crest?

freshfish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 11:17:49 am »
No I haven't paid anything for it. I am thinking of buying it its a nice piece but I have no idea what its worth so I am scared of buying it. and I don't have prices to offer him.

The piece looks like solid gold and the language on piece's is foreign to me, some it looked like Russian. It is a jewelry box , it has the piece in it from the first set of pictures,  plus the crest I have no idea what it means but I would have to do research on the the empires and cultures from this area best guess I think just can't find to many websites with information on that stuff from this side of the world.   

Is there anywhere I could find out on the net what this stuff could be? I have one more piece I wanna show . and yeah if its gold just calculate the weight check out the purity and do the math, but the history I think is what is gonna bring the price up.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 03:24:39 pm »
The starburst piece looks to be potmetal with a garnet cabochon, the last piece also looks to be potmetal with amethyst. But this is a guess from photos and would need hands on to check for silver marks (as they could be very tarnished silver)  and need close photos of the backs of each piece.