Author Topic: Antique clock case - any ideas of manufacturer  (Read 1201 times)

hudsonhacker

• View Profile
Antique clock case - any ideas of manufacturer
« on: October 30, 2011, 06:03:26 pm »
I haven't had any cool finds in a while, but I did get one recently which is a tad annoying. I bought what appears to be an antique ceramic/porcelain clock case. I would like to put in a time appropriate clock mechanism, but I do not even know the manufacturer or approximate date of this piece. The only clue I have is the first letter of a signature on the bottom of the case. By the wear on the underside, it appears to be quite old, but without more info, I am unsure how to proceed. Any clock experts out there? I have looked at over 10 000 images on the net, and have yet to come up with this exact clock case.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Antique clock case - any ideas of manufacturer
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:18:00 pm »
Hey Hudson !!  Go look at Flubble`s post !!  There clock set and yours are about the same time period, 40`s  I think from style but could be much later !!  They have a good pic of the face of theirs !!  There were lots of these made in many different styles but I think yours and theirs are very close !!

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: Antique clock case - any ideas of manufacturer
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 07:47:39 pm »
Just looking at the profile of the case, the first thing that comes to mind are the Royal Bonn cases that Ansonia used.