Author Topic: Picasso Painting  (Read 1392 times)

ivyrose

• View Profile
Picasso Painting
« on: November 07, 2011, 06:54:21 pm »
hey now! i stumbled over a painting sitting on my parents' living room floor and as i caught myself from falling, i exclaimed is that a picasso?! :o  i was hoping someone could explain how i can authenticate this painting? any info is helpful! thanks in advance!  ;D

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Picasso Painting
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:09:29 pm »
Can you put a picture up?
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 07:12:58 pm »
Did you take a pic ?? Are you sure its a painting or a print ?? What does the back of it look like ?? Picasso has prints everywhere !! Giclee repro`s are difficult to tell from real !!

ivyrose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 07:24:01 pm »
thanks for the quick responses! we will get a picture up asap! it's raised oil paint on canvas with Picasso's signature in the lower right corner boldy signed and underlined in red about an inch high and two inches across. the canvas is nailed in a wood frame. a beautiful, colorful scene in italy or france. thanks so much, everyone!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 07:37:35 pm »
Be sure and ask your parents where they got the painting !!  It could be important to know everything they know about it !!  Take a pic of the front and back and one of the signature area and see if the painting has a title !! Also what size is the canvas !!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:42:09 pm by mart »

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 07:40:24 pm »
The first step is to determine if it's real. I have a print and they do look real but on closer inspection it's fairly easy to tell.

Speaking of Picasso...  Did you guys see this last year? Pretty amazing! Picasso's electrician has come forward with hundreds of unknown pieces that were given to him by the artist. Most of them were just sketches but there are some finished works.  The family is suing for theft.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2010/nov/29/picasso-unknown-works-discovered
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 07:44:40 pm »
Haven`t heard of that !!  Thanks Oceans !!  I will check it out tomorrow !!  Going to bed and watch PS and AP tonight !!
Hate this daylight savings time !!