Author Topic: Charles Schultz from the 60's ?  (Read 1115 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Charles Schultz from the 60's ?
« on: November 09, 2011, 07:17:43 pm »
I just got the Miller's guide for 2012. In the illustrated art section were Charles Schultz peanuts cartoons from the 60's. The prices were astronomical. Are they for real or is it an eBay joke. I have one from the 60's from my father. He was in the service. My thoughts are sell, sell, sell, lol The one problem is he typed my name on it. How does that effect the price? It sounds like one of those eBay jokes. ;D
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Charles Schultz from the 60's ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 07:37:20 pm »
I'm afraid there is one very big difference, the Ebay ones selling for huge sums are original artwork. These are the pieces drawn by the artist himself, not the printed copies that were in the newspaper. Original artwork is what the newspapers were made from. Yours definitely looks like newsprint. You might want to get it into an acid-free sleeve to preserve it, as it looks like it is becoming fragile.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 07:51:18 pm »
It's been in a photo album for all the years I have it. I'll take it out. It's in the same album since I was little. I think that's why it's yellowed. I'm sorry the book was "Antiques and Collectibles. I really didn't look at eBay yet. The ones in the book looked like clippins I thought. I'm not suprised they are original drawings. I knew something had to be wrong., lol
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

JoshandLila

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 07:55:46 pm »
still very cool that you have them!! Peanuts was always my favorite comic as a kid, and Charles Schultz was born and raised in minneapolis. They have some really cool statues up there now to commemorate it

http://minneapolis.metblogs.com/2006/12/03/minneapolis-3rd-gift-to-the-world-peanuts/
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe."
H. G. Wells