Author Topic: Identification of Lady Figurine #152  (Read 1677 times)

Great2bau

• View Profile
Identification of Lady Figurine #152
« on: November 12, 2011, 04:38:19 pm »
Hello!

If anyone could give me any information on this piece I would really appreciate it!!  I spent a while researching it (in my antiques book/Google/Ebay and came up with nothing..  The identifying mark on the back is #152... Thanks!!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:30:20 pm by Great2bau »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Identification of Lady Figurine #152
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 07:55:27 pm »
Looking at the figurine it appears to be a simple, inexpensive decorative piece !! Very little detail or decoration, no makers mark, (that number is not an identifying mark but is a style number helpful to the company that made it and no one else) !!  They probably made the same figure with a different dress color which would have a different number !!  So it is not going to help with iding the figure !! It looks to have been made 40`s or 50`s from the colors used !! Value wise,, I would say $20. or less !!  But lets see what some other members say about it !!

Great2bau

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 08:50:29 pm »
Thank you Mart!!  What is suprising is that I could not find any on eBay, maybe I entered in the wrong name possibilities!  I really appreciate your insight!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 05:41:04 am »
If you tried to find it by a name or brand you probably will not find it !! Try something generic like "40`s lady figurine" or  something similar !!  Remember, if you don`t know what to call it, no one else will either and that would be how they would list it !! But from what I see,,unglazed base, no detail to speak of, gold border not extending around the skirt, (it would go all the way around on a quality piece), I think its just an inexpensive decorative figurine !! But wait till some of the other members chime in on this !! Need more that one opinion !!

Great2bau

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 12:46:19 pm »
Mart!

I found out that is chalkware thanks so much!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 04:21:31 pm »
Thought it was a possibility from looking at the base but since this is not exactly my area,, couldn`t be sure !!  Chalkware items were frequently used at fairs as prizes for the midway games !! My grandad had a bunch that he won at State Fair of Texas !!  He loved to try winning those figures !! I remember two chalkware majorettes with glitter as trim on the skirts ect !! They pretty much fell apart over the years but I loved them when I was a kid !!

JoshandLila

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 06:47:11 pm »
arent some of the old chalkware figures worth some cash? thought I remembered them buying some on American Pickers
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe."
H. G. Wells

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 07:35:01 pm »
A few are worth a bit,, but don`t go AP crazy for them !! They were also made as inexpensive decorative items for the home !!